Friday, December 3, 2010

Aubrie's Angels

Alrighty folks, I am just super excited over a new adventure I'm undertaking, and I want YOU to join me! What better way to celebrate Aubrie's life than by giving to other children in her honor? And who better to give to than children with special needs?

Aubrie's Angels was born yesterday following a talk with Team Baby, as we rehashed just how good our kids have it... And here we are at Christmas focusing on buying more stuff for our kids who have everything when there are so many kids with special needs out there who don't have the sensory and/or developmental toys and equipment they need to reach their maximum potential.

So, here's the plan, folks! Starting right here, right now, my goal is to collect 100 sensory and developmental toys to help give some special kiddos a Christmas that will make the season brighter and help them learn and develop over the course of the next year. This is my trial and error year and I'm basically winging it at this point, but I'm coordinating with our local early intervention program and pediatrician's office to pinpoint some local families with kids with special needs and parents who want to help but just don't have the money to provide everything their child requires. (No HIPPA violating, scouts' honor.)

So, you wanna help? I'm open and willing to any toy donations (please, no money!), or, if you feel so moved, please locate a kiddo near you that you can help this holiday season. 'Tis the season for giving, folks... Hope and potential!

If you're interested in contributing, please email me at molliesheppard@att.net for more information!

 Aubrie's Angels' gift collection: Day 1
100 gifts and 20 days to go!

No comments: