Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Unbelievable

Call me lucky, or sheltered, or both, but in my life, especially in the last few years, I've witnessed countless instances of selfless giving and unconditional love. I've watched parents give everything to keep a child who will never be "healthy" or "normal"  the best life they can imagine, and I've watched people with amazing strength and patience fight to give homes to children of all ages, shapes, abilities, and sizes... Parents who may or may not have been able to give birth to biological children of their own.

I suppose it's my experiences with such unbelievably awesome people that make stories like this that much harder to swallow.

And it happened just a few miles down the road.

And the woman is a pediatrician. She took a vow to protect children, and DO NO HARM.

Unbelievable.

No comments: